Top Coffee Benefits and Side Effect Issues
Top Coffee Benefits and Side Effect Issues
What is the amazing reason people drink coffee? This may shock you and think about the Top Coffee Benefits and Side Effects! Many people have been drinking it over the last few years and sometimes you have to consider what coffee is doing to you.
My Coffee Story
This has been written as looking back over the last few years it’s been a mystery after running a marathon and weighing a mere 72 Kilos/118 pounds, why have I always been bloated and adding weight? What was the cause?
After my car accident in 1990, I was having a reasonably good lifestyle, started running and ran a marathon in 1992
After the marathon, I was introduced to Coffee
It never really occurred to me until recently that why have I added so much body size to my middle. I was still exercising on and off and my food intake was good and bad. Spending many years in the health industry, it sort of grew on me. Knowing it was happening yet could not work it out.
Then recently it was time to have a good look at why I’ve added this extra weight and feeling bloated. It would go up and down like the Tides. Was it the moon?
Then it struck me, having 1, 2 or 3 coffees a day. Then one day, I was given this really amazing coffee. It tasted so good. But, I felt really bad for about 3 days.
All of a sudden my bloating has decreased, weight dropped off and (after 3 days detoxing) I’ve felt better than ever before. But, the cravings were still there. So gave in and have one maybe when feeling like it, not as a must have every day
So I’ve looked at the positive and negatives of caffeine and was amazed at what I found
Of course, there is nothing wrong with having one or two coffees a day. But, what happens when you have too much and when should you not drink coffee?
Positive Effects of Coffee
- It makes you feel good in the morning, a hot coffee as it increases dopamine production in the brain
- Drinking a lot of coffee may decrease the chances of Diabetes Type 2, refer >> Harvard Study
- Good for your liver cancer, especially if your a man, there is been a number of studies show this
- Caffeine is a stimulant It one of the most consumed psychoactive substance in the world. It blocks the inhibitory neurotransmitter called Adenosine. It increases dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain
- Also, a good social drink compared to alcohol
There are many good effects of caffeine and yet, like anything good, there is the downside which you must think about.
- It is an addiction, once you start many people rely on that coffee first thing in the morning, try stopping for a week
- The Cost, Add up your $4.00 a cup twice a day $28.00 a week on the way to work and lunch
- Waiting, do you get restless when 5 people ahead of you have ordered weird coffees, Lattee with soy, low fat etc
- OMG, I have to go to the shop, I’ve run out of coffee, I can’t function without my coffee
- Smoking, If you think smokers are pathetic and should give up. Why not stop drinking caffeine a month and see how you feel?
- Let’s be serious now
There are some amazing facts about Coffee, so you think it is a must have, first thing in the morning, I don’t feel right until you have that coffee fix, (sounds like an alcoholic or Smoker?) Without my coffee you can’t…
- Increased Blood Pressure, high blood pressure is one of the biggest problems with people on this planet, about 29% of people have high blood pressure. Imagine if one of these people are drinking coffee. What negative effect is it having on you
- An increase of Acid Production, it is known to increase hydrochloric and gastric acids in your stomach, which if you have too much will cause problems. It is known to cause ulcers and or increase Acid Reflux.
- Increases Stomach/digestive Problems, if you suffer from either peptic ulcers, IBS, ulcerative colitis, gastritis, cramps, and or Crohn’s disease you may find coffee will make you feel worse. In fact, you may not beware of having a problem, and if you feel unwell, cut back on your coffee and see if that makes a difference
- Brain and Nervous System, it does not give you energy it makes the part of the brain that tells you, you need to sleep. Adenosine which is the chemical which tells you of fatigue is temporarily shut down. In fact, it is tricking your brain and giving you a false impression of alertness when in fact you need rest.
it is no different to recreational drugs, alcohol or smoking, once you start you continue and really, think, could you go without it for a month? Or will you feel more tired, less likely to be more active and become nervous and depressed without your coffee? Don’t believe me stop for a month and see what it can do for you
Coffee when not drunk black is a great way to increase your weight. Chances are you add milk and sugar. How to increase your weight. Add cream, whole-fat milk, high-sugar flavorings, and whipped cream toppings, you will consume upwards of 500 calories per serve. That is a lot more calories if you are drinking 2 or 3 a day
Women Need to Know
- Women Incontinence, women who drink a lot of caffeine have a 70% more chance of having incontinence
- Menopause, this can change their vasomotor symptoms.
It’s like anything
you will have good and bad in caffeine. It always pays if you are to drink coffee to think of how many you have. Then what it is doing to your body.
Like anything, we all need to think of what we should and should not be doing with our health.
Hope you found this interesting and please share if you did.
Everything in moderation is better than in excess.